College-Bound: Cooking 101
4 week session - ongoing
Dates will be determined based on enrollment.
Please email us of your interest and availability, prior to registration.
3:30 to 4:45 (meets once a week)
Location: Ladera Ranch
Independent living can be challenging for a busy college student on a budget, so we’ve designed a class specific for their needs. Students will learn kitchen fundamentals, knife skills, as well as quick snacks and healthy recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Best of all, most recipes taught in this 5-week course, have no more than 5 ingredients, and can be made in 15 minutes or less.
Class is limited to 4 students:
- Head off to college capable of preparing breakfast, lunch, dinner and quick snacks in a simple and healthy way.
- Learn cooking and nutritional values and how to think outside the “recipe” for substitutions and changes within
- Learn how to compose a balanced meal, with seasonal ingredients and discover the importance of being fully aware of what you put inside your body
- Includes printed take home recipes
This program is open to high school students and older
*All our recipes are peanut and tree-nut free. We are able to accommodate some (not all) food allergies and intolerances. Please inquire for more information before registering.
$225 / 4 sessions
College-Bound: Cooking 101 / 4-week session (ongoing)
Please let us know if your child has any food allergies.
- Please bring both pages of the signed waiver and release form to the first day of class.
- Students must wear closed-toe shoes (safety first!) and hair must be tied back while preparing food.
- Please be aware that we do not have before or after care available. Plan to drop-off no earlier than 15 minutes before class start time and pick-up no later than 15 minutes after the conclusion of class.
- Though we do not cook with nuts, we can’t guarantee that the facility is 100% nut-free. We are generally able to accommodate students with common allergies and dietary restrictions. Please contact us with specific questions or concerns.